Thursday, June 24, 2010

Happy Everything!

Chris's first Father's Day!
Happy Belated Father's Day! And, Happy Baptism and Happy 24 weeks on the 24th, Nolan! AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRIS!!!

Whew!!! Can you tell I've been living in a black hole at work the past couple weeks?!?

I didn't want to let Father's Day get too far away without giving a shout-out to Chris. He is such a wonderful daddy to Nolan! I could not ask for a better partner in parenthood. Nolan already adores his daddy and seems to think he is hilarious! It has been such a joy watching Chris become a doting daddy. So, forgive my tardiness... Happy First Father's Day Chris!

Chris and all our other favorite dads had to share their special day with Nolan this year as he was baptized on Sunday. I was so excited to see him in his little white bubble and knee socks (the lady on Etsy did such a fantastic job on it!) I was, however, terrified we were going to have a potty accident once he was dressed. We've had some major issues with leaky diapers lately, and I had a horrible vision of him messing all over himself, or worse... Pastor John!!! Fortunately, he was PERFECT and the diaper remained in tact. In fact, Nolan fell asleep at the start of church and slept through his entire baptism ceremony, the remainder of church, and photos afterward! WOW!!! That's a sound sleeper!!! We had 50 or so of our closest friends and family members over afterwards for a little luncheon. It was a fun (and exhausting) day. I love that many of my closest girls have babies right now, too. It is so fun to share this experience with them. Mommyhood is the best!!!

Nolan after his baptism!

Next up, Happy 24-Week Birthday Nolan! We all know Chris's fave number is 24, so he thought it was pretty cool that Nolan's 24-week birthday fell on the 24th (and Chris's birthday). Yes, we are a little strange. :) It is so hard to believe Nolan is nearly 6 months old. I can't say it enough... time flies far too quickly. The past 24 weeks have been the best of my life!

And, last but HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR CHRIS/DADDY! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In honor of Chris turning 32 (WOW!), I thought I'd share with everyone 32 reasons Nolan and I think Chris is so great!
1. He wakes up every morning around 6am, prepares Nolan's bottle, and feeds him (often while I sleep)!
2. He doesn't mind changing diapers.
3. He always cleans up the doggy messes without too much whining.
4. He lets me talk him in to eating icecream OFTEN. :)
5. He always puts the toilet seat down.
6. He makes sure our yard looks fab all the time!
7. He irons his clothes every morning, and helps out with mine sometimes too.
8. He lets me wear his white undershirts to bed... which are so soft!
9. He burns DVDs for me... because for some reason I've never bothered to learn to do this myself.
10. He loves my family and fits in perfectly!
11. He fixes our cars whenever they need fixing (if he and Jacob can figure it out!)
12. He always makes our meals "pretty".
13. He always smells good.
14. He loves my friends as much as I do!
15. He is a great dog dad and loves his girls (even though he says he doesn't!)
16. He is a hard worker at work and home.
17. He is so talented... he built a built-in bookcase in Nolan's nursery and an awesome poker table most recently!
18. He loves The Notebook.
19. He lets me listen to anything I want when we are in the car.
20. He always gets out of bed to change the thermostat when I'm too hot/too cold.
21. He gets me water, pain meds, ice packs... anything I need when I have migraines.
22. He's naturally atheletic and enjoys being active.
23. He is a great travel companion.
24. He understands and even supports my love for Kenny Chesney! ;)
25. He watches 90210 with me... even though he pretends he doesn't like it.
26. He offers to paint my toenails for me.
27. He is the King of Spray Paint!
28. He sends me flowers.
29. He is best buds with my mom... who also happens to be my best bud!
30. He likes Taco Bell as much as me!
31. He loves being Daddy to Nolan- which makes me SO happy!
32. He has the biggest, kindest heart of anyone I've ever met and is never afraid to show his affection.

Happy 32nd Birthday, Christmas! We love you mucho!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment